In search of a totally innovative working environment? You landed in the right place!
The Conqueror is a tech-savvy fitness start-up that has proudly gathered a powerful community of over 600,000 people from 100+ countries.
How? Through 30+ gamified virtual challenges meaning anyone from anywhere can exercise at any time and move along the virtual equivalents of iconic routes by walking, running, cycling, swimming and more.
With a growth rate of over 20 times from 2019 to 2020, our company is the perfect space where technology, fitness and the exploration of world cultures combine.
We have 82 people worldwide who have joined forces to make good things happen everyday: our product design, development and operations team is based in New Zealand, our performance marketing and data team is in Romania, our support team in Nicaragua and our social media mediators in Singapore/UK so we are a global and diverse team.
Our mission: ‘WE EXIST TO HELP PEOPLE START AND STICK TO HEALTHY HABITS’
We believe the biggest difficulty when creating healthy habits is not starting but keeping to the promises people make to themselves to stick at it. We know that technology has played a major role in making people less active, less healthy than ever before.
The Conqueror was created to help reverse this trend and motivate people to live healthier, happier lives through gaining healthy habits.
Plus, we take good care of nature. The numbers and initiatives speak for themselves: >5.7 million trees planted and >5.7 million plastic bottles saved from entering the ocean.
We’re majorly expanding The Conqueror’s Performance Marketing Team, while also growing up as a company!
Without the data team, we’d be driving in the dark with no headlights. This is an opportunity for the Director of Data & Analytics to have a big impact on our growth by leading the data analytics team that monitors business performance, provides fact-based insights about customers, competitors, and the market, and shapes global commercial strategy.
The successful individual will be an experienced leader with a strong track record of analysing quantitative and qualitative data, communicating strategic insights, developing talent, advancing team capabilities, and building alignment across senioritis and functions.
In our Performance Marketing & Data teams you will find:
- Performance mindset above everything else;
- Data-driven approach to decision making;
- Passion and drive, looking for having impactful outcomes;
- Fast iterations as the main drivers of improvement;
- Flexibility about rules and openness to change;
- Transparency, empathy and a friendly atmosphere;
- Positive, casual, and welcoming environment.
Our main office is located in central Bucharest, and the role will primarily be office based, with the possibility of working remote.
Who you are:
- You are a Data lover at heart;
- You have great analytical skills and critical thinking;
- You’re a proven leader who cares about the team, keen to share your knowledge and open to giving (and receiving) continuous feedback;
- You are ready to jump from leadership duties to fixing urgent bugs to helping the team all in the same day. We wear many hats at The Conqueror;
- You care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work;
- You are a humble person (no big ego) and a great team-player;
- You have a strong can-do attitude and progressive mindset to reach set goals;
- You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders, who on occasion can be challenging;
- You are defined by work ethics and approach all relationships with integrity;
- You’re a proficient English speaker;
- You have experience working within a fast-paced environment, ideally in its early stages.
What you’ll be doing…
- Leading a growing team of Data Engineers/Data Analysts;
- Working alongside our key business stakeholders to understand their needs and grow our process and capabilities to meet them;
- Build our Data technology roadmap, the resourcing, the organisation and the planning to get there;
- Define our Data governance, approach and policies;
- Aligning resources with business priorities, managing complex and ambiguous projects, and making strategic decisions, sometimes without perfect information;
- Helping your team understand the context, set priorities, build core capabilities, and define the action plan to achieve business priorities;
- Fostering development and growth of the team through proactive listening, coaching, and training;
- Generating data based strategic insights and optimising the impact of data through advancement of self-service analytical tools;
- Proactively structuring data analysis around ambiguous problems, managing multiple projects;
- Formulating analytical strategies for solving business problems and creating business opportunities;
- Effectively coaching team members on how to translate market and data insights into key insights and recommendations to drive decisions ;
- Enabling proactive and effective communication of analyses and strategic insights, strategic recommendations, and other deliverables to the executive leadership and cross-functional teams;
- Identifying market trends and growth drivers by combining quantitative data analysis from both internal and external data sources with qualitative market research insights;
- Collaborating with other functions and departments to track competitor and market activities and define their impact on business performance.
What you need to succeed:
- A strong data background, with the ability to curate technical discussions at all levels;
- Proven ability to apply analytical and creative thought;
- Experience with all things Data Platform, including ETLs, Data Warehouses, BI tools, CDP platforms;
- Rather than being a specialist in any specific tool, you understand how things fit together to deliver business value and can recommend the best tool(s) for the job;
- Equally, you have experience working with Engineers, Analysts and Scientists. You’re not an expert in all the fields, but you are really strong in at least one of them;
- You have experience dealing with a variety of business domains – and their stakeholders, ideally from B2C and Digital Marketing.
- Previous experience in leading a high-performing team of engineers and an understanding of what it takes to lead a healthy and powerful engineering culture;
- Strong strategic thinking, market analytics, and executive presence capabilities, attention to detail, and excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience with enterprise data analytics, data modelling, forecasting, data management/mining;
- Deep understanding of latest analytical tools and dashboarding technologies, data warehousing, software, process, and applications (e.g., SQL, Tableau, AWS, Python, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, etc.);
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic and ambiguous environment;
- Experience building strong, collaborative working relationships with different levels of management.
Our Offer includes:
- The opportunity for accelerated career growth, as we are in the scale-up phase;
- Opportunities for training, personal development and a competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours, remote work policy and generous paid time off;
- Private health insurance;
- Off-site team building days out, board game nights, ever-growing library;
- State of the art equipment.
Our interview process:
- Call with Talent Acquisition Manager (30min) – culture match/ motivations/ general presentation;
- Technical skills interview with peer (45min);
- Case Study presentation with CMO and Hiring Manager/ TL (60min); Case study preparation: it should take around 3 hours of work one week ahead of the presentation. We are respectful of your time – we just want to see how you think and have an open discussion;
- Coffee fit with team members (30 min) – optional;
- Online personality test (30 min);
- Final interview with CEO (30min).